PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION NOTICE
The Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act requires us to inform you how we process and disclose personal information we obtain from you.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will ensure that your personal information is used appropriately, transparently and according to applicable law.
1. What information we collect:
Blue Lagoon Hotel (PTY) LTD collects personally identifiable information, such as your identity number, email address, name and surname, home or work address or telephone number. This is in order to process any contractual obligations that form part of our services and benefits through our preferred providers.
We collect personal information directly from you, when you apply for reservations and products through Blue Lagoon Hotel (PTY) LTD, or for the services and benefits we offer.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Blue Lagoon Hotel (PTY) LTD. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring web addresses. This information is used by Blue Lagoon Hotel (PTY) LTD for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service and to provide general statistics regarding use of Blue Lagoon Hotel (PTY) LTD electronic media.
Please be advised that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Blue Lagoon Hotel (PTY) LTD public domain, this information may be collected and used by others. Blue Lagoon Hotel (PTY) LTD encourages you to review the privacy statements relating to the use of our electronic media you choose to link to, so that you can understand how those media and websites collect, use and share your information. Blue Lagoon Hotel (PTY) LTD is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of Blue Lagoon Hotel (PTY) LTD website, and Blue Lagoon Hotel (PTY) LTD partner websites
2. How we use your information:
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed to with you. This may include:
- Processing your documentation in respect of financial obligations administered by Blue Lagoon Hotel (PTY) LTD;
- Processing of financial fee payments to Blue Lagoon Hotel (PTY) LTD;
- Processing of all reservation related matters in respect of financial obligations;
- Confirming and verifying your identity or for security purposes as per legislation;
- Detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractices;
- Debt tracing or debt recovery;
- Conducting market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical purposes;
- Auditing and record keeping requirements;
- Providing our services to you, to carry out the services you requested and to maintain and constantly improve our relationship with you;
- Providing you with communications in respect of Blue Lagoon Hotel (PTY) LTD in matters that may affect you;
- In connection with and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or industry codes to which we subscribe or which apply to us, or when it is otherwise allowed by law.
4. Safeguarding your information:
The POPI Act requires us to adequately protect the personal information we hold and to avoid unauthorised access and use of your personal information. We will continuously review our security controls and processes to ensure that your personal information is secure.
If we need to transfer your personal information for processing or storage, we will ensure that any party to whom we pass on your personal information, is subject to the same level of protection of personal information as required from us.
5. Your rights to access and correction of your personal information:
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information or making changes to your personal information.
Please note that a request for information may be subject to payment of a predetermined amount.
6. Changes to this Notice
Please note that we may amend this Notice from time to time. Please check our website periodically to inform yourself of any changes.